Saturday, June 6, 2015

Wuthering Heights. by Emily Bronte

Read, reviewed, and released in May, 2005

Okay, I am trying it again, and guess what? I'm finding it more interesting now. I'm up to page 78, and I actually want to see how Catherine ends up with Heathcliff, what happens to Edgar, and what happens to her. And how Heathcliff ended up owning Wuthering Heights and Thrushcross Grange, and how Hareton ended up working for him, apparently oblivious of his lost inheritance. No, none of them are likable, but how did they end up as Lockwood described them in Chapter 1?

I finally finished it! It is a strange book. The characters are totally unappealing, yet captivating. This is a book that won't be forgotten soon. The ending was predictable, but the questions remain unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please