Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe, by Fannie Flagg



Read, reviewed, and released in August, 2009

I've finished it, but now I'm rereading it quickly to get all the characters and family relationships straight. It was told in flashbacks, narrative, and newspaper articles. Many of the events were told three times, from three different perspectives. I found this a very interesting and helpful way to tell a story. You get more than one point of view.

It was quite a tale! It had a little bit of everything - adventure, romance, murder, mystery, and nostalgia. Some of the language was rough and coarse at times, but it fit with the story. I enjoyed it very much, and I have offered it to my hairstylist when I see her next week.

(16)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please