Monday, June 8, 2015

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, by Laura Schlessinger

Read, reviewed, and sent to another Bookcrosser in July, 2005

The ideas presented in this book give a pretty common-sense
way to approach any human relationship, not just husband-wife. Treat others with respect and appreciation, and they will most likely do the same. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
(By the way, I somehow must have missed the part where "Schlessinger informed me that I should just lie there on my death bed and let my husband do as he pleases to me." I read the whole book, and did not see that anywhere.)

Several years ago, Dr. James Dobson wrote a book entitled "What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women." I read it, wondering why men had to do all the giving; where was women's responsibility? It seems that Dr. Laura does that; put the two books together, and you'll have a pretty balanced relationship, I think.

For a clever, witty response completely contrary to mine, read adnyl's journal entry here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please