Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street: A Novel, by Milam McGraw Propst



Read and reviewed in October, 2002. This book is still in my possession; I plan to give it to my grandchildren when they are a little older.

This children's book is about a young girl who lived in the early 1900's. She had to move from her farm home to the city after the death of her mother. She makes new friends with adults and children, gets to know and love her extended family, and even tries her hand at matchmaking. An enjoyable, light read.

It was written and signed by an acquaintance of mine. She was my assistant Cub Scout den leader when our children were in Scouts, about 30 years ago.
I hope you will become familiar with her work. (I see from this Amazon book cover that it has been made into a movie, and won the Parents Choice Award! Good for you, Milam!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please