Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Redeemed my voucher yesterday!


Go Set a Watchman
My photo on Flickr

Yesterday I went to Books-a-Million to redeem my voucher for Go Set a Watchman, Harper Lee's just published, old manuscript. No lines, no waiting. The bookstore was busy, but I walked right up to the salesperson at the counter, received my book, and left. We walked across the parking lot to Panera Bread to have lunch. I was going to read while eating, but gave up that idea, as I was afraid I would drip some of my broccoli-cheese soup on the pages. I read it after I ate, with my second cup of coffee (Panera had a lunch rush of carry-out orders, but there were several empty tables.)

Husband and I shared shared a "Choose Any Two" meal; he got 1/2 an Italian combo sandwich.

The story begins with a train trip from New York to Maycomb, Alabama (Monroeville). After a brief stop in Atlanta, she crossed the Chattahoochee River into Alabama. Trains from Atlanta to Montgomery would pass the front of my grandparent's house, in a little community just west of the Chattahoochee! I could imagine her trip, being very familiar with the area!

Since I've started another book, a cozy murder mystery, I haven't gotten any further, and I really, really don't want spoilers. I am not reading any articles, blog posts, forum posts, Facebook posts, etc., print or online, about the book until I have finished it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please