Friday, July 10, 2015

Dark Mirror: The Medieval Origins of Anti-Jewish Iconography. by Sara Lipton



Reviewed in September, 2014

Received from LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program (LTER)

I was excited to receive this book in the mail yesterday! I want to express appreciation now to Henry Holt and Company for sending it to me as part of the LT Early Reviewers program. I am looking forward to reading it, as I am reading Jews, God and History by Max I. Dimont and the National Geographic's booklet, Inside the Medieval World. Medieval history is a subject I have known little or nothing of, and have been curious about it. Also, as a conservative Christian, I have a deep respect for the Jewish people as God's Chosen People, forever.
I will be undergoing knee replacement surgery and physical therapy/rehabilitation next week and for the next few weeks, and don't know if I will feel like reading such deep subject matter. I hope the Early Reviewers program will not penalize me if I don't follow up with a "real" review for awhile.

Confession: This is still on my nightstand, unfinished. I want to read it; I want to learn about the history of the beginnings of anti-Semitism. This is a very deep and studious work, and there are too many fiction novels tempting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please