Sunday, July 5, 2015

Levi's Will, by W. Dale Cramer



Read and reviewed in November, 2013. Released later.

I'm very glad I picked this up at the church garage sale, even though I had not heard of this author. It is a very well written story of a run-away son who, after many years, attempts reconciliation with his stern, tradition-bound elderly father. It also includes his experience in the Army during World War II, his romance with his future wife and his relationships with his own sons, especially with his exceptionally gifted but rebellious second son.

I couldn't help but compare this with The Chosen by Chaim Potok, which I recently read. Both books deal with similar themes: a stern, tradition-bound father and an exceptionally gifted but rebellious son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please