Sunday, July 5, 2015

A Change in Altitude: A Novel, by Anita Shreve



Read and reviewed in May, 2013. Released later.

I just finished this yesterday, an excellent book! Very well written. The characters were believable and the setting was beautifully described. A young couple is in Kenya where the husband is researching equatorial medicine and conducting clinics, while the wife looks for worthwhile and fulfilling employment. They are invited to climb Mt. Kenya with new friends, a trek for which they are ill prepared. Many life lessons learned, some at tragic cost, and a second trek is planned to bring closure to many questions and perplexities.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Nice blog. Do you review books from publishers? My hubby has been doing that for a long time. He has gotten so many good free books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, I am in the Early Reviewers program on LibraryThing. Each month, I can choose from a selection of new, unreleased books, and I may be chosen to receive one or two of my picks All they ask is an honest review of at least 25 words. I have been doing this for several months. Some books have been very interesting, and some have been hard to get through. (I have been copying and pasting reviews from Bookcrossing, and have not quite gotten up to the LibraryThing reviews. When I get there, I will tag the ones I've received from this program "Early Reviewers".)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, please