Saturday, August 1, 2015

2 books: Watchers on the Hill, and Dangerous to Know



I finished it a few days ago. Written by Stephanie Grace Whitson, this is a Christian romance book of pioneer, ranching, and U. S. Cavalry days on the American frontier. A widow returns to her father's home to make a new life for herself and her wayward son. Romance beckons.
This book is the second in a series. While it could have stood alone successfully, there were too many annoying references to earlier times. (I have not read the first of the series.) However, it was a pleasant way to pass time.



Another romance, not Christian, written by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I started it yesterday, and am not liking the "spicy" passages. However, I probably will keep reading, just to find out who killed the old man. (Not a spoiler; we learn of his death on the first page.)

August 2 - On second thought, I won't finish it. I'll flip to the back to see how it ends, but I don't think I can swallow any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, please